Monday, March 4, 2013

Status update.

I'm a lazy son of a gun and i have some bad news, with some good news.

NC got completed and was horrible. That's the bad news!
The good  news is that i wont ever post it up here, even if i could find the files again.

Anyways i have a few projects I've started. As of this time right now, i wont be posting anything. I have one game that's nearly complete; i just need to figure out the logic for the AI. It's likely my simplest design yet but uses a lot of old code form a Falling star build from the past.

Don't expect anything from me right now since college sucks to much of the life out of me. Hell, i think my number one activity right now is sleeping. That being said, anyone that sleeps 8 hours likely has their number one activity as sleeping.


If you know how to program in java and want to learn some techniques for making honest to god game, i suggest you pick up this book: Killer Game Programming in Java by Davison, Andrew [Paperback] (Google Affiliate Ad). This will not teach you syntax and it assumes you can already program in java. It will however teach you techniques for building a game from graphics to multiplayer. I admit i'm not far into it, but by chapter two, i believe they're teaching you how to write a swing component that you might use in a First person shooter.

Buying this book is not the only legal way of obtaining it; you should be able to go online and get a PDF of it since some one released it to the public. The web version even includes chapters that weren't in the original version.

I'll upload my latest game once it's completed, if it ever gets completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment